Sunday, August 15, 2010

Reece Huffman Jenkins Has Arrived!

On the morning of the July 17th our life changed for the better.  I woke around 7am and wasn't sure if my water broke.  I was convinced it didn't and Vince was convinced it did.  I gave the doctor a call and she informed me to wait a while and see what happens.  I went for a walk and when I got back Vince convinced me again to give the Dr. a call.  She instructed me to come to the hospital to see for sure if my water had broken.  We arrived at Chester County Hospital around 12:30pm and once they checked me they said my water did break and told me I was having my baby boy today.  I WAS SHOCKED!!!  We immediatly got on the phone informing everyone to make their way to the hospital.  Of course, everyone was excited!

The rest of the afternoon went by pretty quickly.   While waiting for the little guy to arrive dad and Vince went to Wendy's to grab something to eat while mom hung back with me to keep me company.  When they arrived back the Dr. had just checked me to see if I had dialated any further from 5cm.  Again, I was shocked, I was already at 10cm and ready to have this little guy.  Vince scarfed down his sandwich and about 6 pushes later Reece Huffman Jenkins was welcomed into this world on a beautiful Saturday evening.  Reece Huffman Jenkins was born on 7/17/10 at 7:17pm.  Reece weighed 8 pounds 4 ouces and was 21 inches long. He is just perfect! Soon after Cindy, Steve and Erin arrived from Ohio to see their new grandson and nephew. 
.
I have to say, I was one lucky girl throughout this whole process.  This past 9 months was truley enjoyable and the labor process was the very same way.  Reece was very good to his mommy!

The week before Reece arrived we were lucky enough to have my parents here.  We put them to work cleaning, cooking and enjoying each others company.  We were lucky enough again to have them hang around the week after Reece came home.  My mom, being the wonderful cook she is, treated us to delicous meals every night and gave me some relief of some much needed sleep in the morning.  My dad and her had a pretty good routine going in the morning taking care of Reece!  Gotta love parents!

Today Reece is one month old.  He is doing absolutly wondeful.  He is making all kinds of noisies and is becoming so stong.  When he lays on your chest he picks his head up and looks around.  Such a strong little guy.  He loves being outside.  Just walking out the front door and rocking him on the front porch normally brings a peaceful calm about him.  He also loves bath time and his vibrating chair.  Aunt Erin was just here visiting and gave me such a nice break from the nightly feedings. I think she spoiled him a little also.  Mom, dad and grandma are on their way out Saturday and Vince and I are going to get our first night out from Reece when they arrive. 

We are also looing forward to coming to Ohio in September to introduce him to everyone that hasn't gotten to meet him yet.  Lets hope the car ride goes smoothly!

As you can see we love this little guy more than words can describe!

1 Day Old

Reece's 1st Week Home
                                     

Reece's 1st Bath

All Snuggled Up!

Reece and daddy rockin on the front porch!

Wide Awake!

Peekaboo!

Reece and Aunt Erin all snuggle up together!

Out and about on the town!

Reece has grown so much over the last 4 weeks. 
He LOVES to EAT!. 


1 comment:

  1. CANNOT WAIT on some "great-nanny" time!!!
    He is so adorable! You two did good!!!
    I am not that familiar with Vince's look, but I sure see alot of Juliegurl in little man's face!!!
    It was probably hard to get that Huffman/Arthur mix watered down...maybe next time Vince!
    This "little man" is one blessed baby to be born into such love!!!
    See you soon, Debbie

    ReplyDelete